Mt. Hood Hospice believes grief is a natural reaction to loss.
Grief can make us feel alone.
Living with a loved one’s death can be difficult. Whether it has been months or years since your loss, Mt. Hood Hospice offers support groups and education for bereavement.
In addition, Mt. Hood Hospice offers support groups for family members and friends witnessing the declining health of an important adult.
These groups can provide a supportive environment to help you develop coping skills and conversations with others who share similar experiences.
See below for a list of groups.
- Facebook Groups
- Living With Grief
- Caregivers Together
- Grief and Complicated Circumstances
- Individualized Support Groups
Mt. Hood Hospice believes that grief is a natural reaction to the loss of a loved one. We believe that each individual has the capacity to heal, that the duration and intensity of grief are unique to each of us and that caring, sharing and acceptance help us process our grief.
Grief support is free of charge for phone calls and community groups. Contact our bereavement coordinator for additional information.
All groups are hosted on Zoom while Covid -19 restrictions are in effect to protect the health of participants and staff. Support is available in helping you access internet based groups using a computer, smart phone or a landline.
Contact Laura Lirette to register for a support group or to inquire about our bereavement Program:
Time of Remembering
Grief Support Groups Calendar
- January 25 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am PST
- January 25 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm PST
- January 25 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm PST
- January 27 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm PST
- January 27 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm PST
- January 31 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PST
- February 1 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am PST
- February 1 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm PST
- February 1 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm PST
- February 3 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm PST
- February 3 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm PST
- February 7 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PST
- February 8 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am PST
- February 8 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm PST
- February 8 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm PST
- February 10 @ 11:30 am - 12:30 pm PST
- February 10 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm PST
- February 14 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PST
- February 15 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am PST
- February 15 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm PST
About Mt. Hood Hospice
Mt. Hood Hospice has been providing care and bereavement support to families in Multnomah and Clackamas Counties for over 40 years. We are a not-for-profit, free standing, independent, community-based hospice.
Mt. Hood Hospice was the first free-standing hospice in Oregon to be granted Medicare certification in 1987. Since that time we have stayed current in compliance with changing CMS regulations while remaining true to our original ideal: to provide the highest quality care to families coping with life-limiting illness, emphasizing comfort, dignity and choice.